Creating an NFT on OpenSea
Instructions for creating an NFT on the OpenSea marketplace.
We create our own NFT token on the OpenSea platform
Go to opensea.io
- Select the item – My Profile. To connect, you need a crypto wallet. The system will offer nine different options to choose from (MetaMask, Coinbase Wallet, WalletConnect and others). Choose the one you have installed. Enter the password and connect to the site.
- We create a collection. Select Create and go to Create new collection. We select an icon for the collection, write a name, description and choose on which blockchain we will place it (Ethereum or Polygon).
- Let’s go to the collection page. Select Add New Item and go to the token creation page.
In the first field we place your digital work. It can be a picture, animation, audio file or 3d model. Next, enter the name. Place the link in the External Link field. It can be a link to a personal website or a video about the creation of this masterpiece of yours.
Next, write a description. Set the meta data in the Properties, Level and Stats fields. In the Unlockable Content section, we place information that will be available only to the owner of the token.
In the Supply line, specify the number of issued tokens and click Create.
We sell a token
So, we have prepared everything, click “Next”.
We are shown a page with all the information about the token.
- Using the rights of the creator, you can specify a % for the resale of your NFT. We go to the collection settings, in the Percentage fee line we indicate the size of the commission in%, in the line below we enter the address of your wallet. We confirm the changes.
- We put up a token for sale. We go to the page of your work and press the Sell button. You can choose a fixed price (Set Price) or auction (Highest Bid). Specify the price in the Price line and select the currency.
- NFT placements on OpenSea. Click Complete listing, pay commissions, confirm the signature and you’re done. To place a token on the blockchain, two transactions are required. The first is to initialize the account, the second is to transfer the token to the OpenSea platform so that it can transfer it to the new owner. NFT placements on OpenSea.
- We click Complete listing, pay commissions, confirm the signature, and you’re done.
- Examination. Go to the search on the OpenSea site. Enter the name of your NFT in the search bar. If he appeared in the search, then everything went well!
- We are waiting for a buyer. If it is found, then the sale will take place without your participation. OpenSea will transfer your fee to the crypto wallet, withholding its commission.