Habbo lands in the metaverse with Habbo X
Almost 10 years after the last hotel launched by Habbo, Sulake returns with Habbo X, a web3 server partly governed by NFTs (with the possibility of playing it for free) and equipped with tokenomics, with play-to-earn functionalities. More information in this article.
Habbo X, a more than promising concept
In a thread posted by the Habbo NFT account on Twitter this Thursday, April 21, some important information was shared about Habbo X.
Here’s what to remember:
- Habbo X will be free to play, therefore accessible to all. However, it will be necessary to be at least 18 years old to be able to play it.
- To play it, all you have to do is connect your Metamask wallet, which will act as your account.
- All rooms in the game will be NFTs, and it will be possible to expand them using “NFT Credits”. Note that these coins will be crucial in Habbo X’s play-to-earn system.
- You will be able to create games directly in Habbo X, with NFTs as the key, and you will be able to charge for access to these games.
- Anyone playing Habbo X will have the opportunity to create pieces and resell the designs to people who want to reproduce them.
The least we can say is that these are enticing features. If properly implemented, they could totally change the face of Habbo and attract many players from the original version to web3. A great opportunity to democratize NFTs and the metaverse.
Privileges granted to NFT holders
If Habbo X is a game accessible to all and it is not necessary to hold NFTs to take part in it, it has been specified, quite logically, that holders of Habbo NFTs will be rewarded , significantly.
So, if you own a “Habbo Avatar” NFT, whose current floor price is 0.14 ETH , they will earn 15 times more rewards than a “free-to-play” player, i.e. not having any NFT. What to give a real utility to this collection and to encourage the people interested to get some.
Habbo NFT also plans to set up collaborations with other collections. These will bring in 5 times more revenue than in free-to-play.
A desire to impose itself in the web3
@Muumiopappa, the founder of Habbo NFT and the NFT director of Sulake, the studio behind Habbo, shared his ambitions through a blog post. And its goal is very clear: to make Habbo X a must in the web3 world.
Thus, he states:
I want to make Habbo X one of the most popular places in the metaverse, so that the global NFT community hangs out there and interacts with each other.
It must be said that Habbo has the potential to win in this sector. The game has already done this in web2. Indeed, it has gathered millions of players, and this, for more than 20 years. The game actually saw the light of day in the early 2000s.
An appetizer from the end of the year
HabboNFT concluded this Twitter thread by giving an early release date. Thus, holders of Habbo Avatars will have access to an alpha version by the end of the year.
As for the owners of Habbo Portrait and some NFT collaborations, they will have access to the second alpha. However, the date of this one has not yet been revealed.